2023 men’s hairstyles gravitate toward more flowy casual styles requiring less maintenance and products. The less upkeep is exciting, so today, I’m reviewing some of my personal pics for the best 2023 haircuts. I will accompany that information with what products to use if you want to obtain them and make your hairstyle look amazing.
The inspiration for today’s video is that I’m ready for a hairstyle change, and I’m interested in what style you think I should rock. Should I grow it out? Should I make it shorter? I will not shave my head, however. Comment here.
Check out Pete & Pedro’s 2023 Men’s Look Book Hairstyling Guide, where we show you many different amazing styles and what product(s) will be best suited to obtain that style. When you upgrade and elevate the quality of your products, your hair will be healthier and look more amazing.
- French crop. Casual and cool, it’s low maintenance and timeless. The style has various versions, with the sides and back tight and the front pulled forward like a modified scissor cut. Pay attention to the piece-y separation and texture. The style has a lot of movement. A barber should use razors or thinning shears to give the style more definition and body. Sea SALT Spray will give this style life and volume. Use SALT as a pre-styler after a shower and then follow it with Hair Clay, a lighter product with a matte finish. Take the style to the next level with Texture Power which lets you style your hair without looking like you have product in it.
- Modern mullet. This style is one of the sexiest, with longer hair in the back and shorter on the sides. On the top, you have different options and variations, which are all bad boy and dangerous looking. Grow out the back, take the sides tighter, and do whatever you want with the top. You could do a French crop, Caesar cut, side-part, curtains, and more. I would use a product for what you want the top to do. You could use SALT or Texture Powder + Hair Clay or Hair Putty. If you want the top looser and more free-flowing, use Hair Cream or Smooth leave-in conditioner to reduce flyaways and frizz.
- Curly Mop Top with Tight Temple. If you have naturally curly hair or wavy hair, you’re super lucky. The style looks fantastic and is casual and playful. Take it to the next level with a slight taper. Tapering gives it a playful edge and elevates the aesthetic. The style must look light and cannot be weighted down, oily, or greasy. Use SALT and a lightweight leave-in conditioner like Smooth to make your curls or waves more defined. Hair Cream will help control the flyaways and frizz and give curls more separation and definition.
- The Quiff. The style is timeless and still killing it in 2023. The Quiff has a ton of variations and options which boil down to your personal styling preference. It’s tighter on the sides and back, generally faded, and a bit longer and spiky with volume on the top.
- The Pompadour. This has a ton of variations and options, and another style I feel is killing it in 2023. Use SALT as a pre-styler and then some type of high-hold low-shine product like Hair Putty. With Putty, emulsify it first and then get down to the root. When styling the Pompadour, use a hair dryer to blow the hair until dry, and then use a brush or comb to enhance the volume. Lock it in place with more hair product to give it piece-y separation. You could also use Texture Powder.
- Classic Side Part. The style works well with most face shapes and whether your hair is thick or thin. You could go a bit shorter or more faded on the sides. It will look more polished and Ivy League if you go a bit longer. With the side part, look for higher-shine products like Pomade. But you could also go with Hair Putty, which is lower-shine, or an in-between product like Hair Clay.
- The Fringe. The style has a lot of variations in length depending on your personal preference, which I love because it’s playful and casual. It’s a super low-maintenance style that works great with Hair Cream and Thick thickening cream to make the hair look fuller and thicker. You can have piece-y separation as well.
- Bro flow. This big, bold, and beautiful hairstyle can be rocked any way you want. If you have more definition or texture to your hair, like curls or waves, it’s an incredible style. If it’s straight, you can push it back. Styling this starts with SALT, and then add a bit of Treat argan oil and work it through your hair, giving it softness and a bit of shine without weighing it down. You could get some control with Hair Paste or go more natural with Hair Cream.
- Buzz cut. It’s amazing, and I envy dudes with normal, non-egg-shaped heads and non-pointy little ears like mine. It’s low maintenance with different cut options. You could go super short, low fade, or high fade. The style does not require any product and is low maintenance. Combine a buzz cut with a nice light beard or other facial hair to draw the eye down and help frame and balance your face.