In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, Pete & Pedro , and Fashion Anchor says that he’s having a good ole grooming tool battle today! In the ring are the Norelco (his longtime favorite) versus Brio.
The problem with Norelco is that they stopped making Alpha’s favorite model. The new one is sub-par compared to the one he loved for the longest time. He used it for pretty much everything (beard-to-body) but his hair. It’s been a great tool. Brio reached out with their new product (this video is not paid however). He agreed to try it before doing this video, and he put it through the paces for a week.
The Grooming Tool Battle | Norelco vs Brio
- The first feature that Alpha noticed was the weight (aka quality). The Brio is almost twice as solid and heavy as the Norelco.
- The next aspect that Alpha noticed is how close the bottom blade is to the rake with the Brio. The teeth are tight which means when manscaping with the Brio, you’ll not pinch and you’ll have a closer cut.
- The Brio is much quieter than the Norelco.
- The Brio’s speed at which it cuts can be adjusted.
- The battery life is days with the Brio which the Norelco’s was good (not great). The Brio can charge in the wall as well as a USB port (Norelco just wall).
- The Norelco has one attachment, and then you adjust. The Brio’s attachments are double-sided with micro-adjustments which give more flexibility and control with length. You can also adjust the blade to the rake.
- The Norelco has a reservoir, which the Brio has none so the clean up effort will be a bit more.
- The Brio product is fantastic (rockstar!), and the price is under $60 which is comparable to the old Norelco model that Alpha loved.